Spotlight on Nick Hayden
Meet Nick Hayden: Co-founder at Sports Biz Group, Nick is an events and experiential marketing enthusiast.
Tell us about your companies!
Sports Biz Group is a full-service creative sports & entertainment agency based in New York City. Leveraging the influence of sports through powerful marketing campaigns and strategic activations. Optimize your brand with our experiential marketing, content production, and talent. Take your professional career to the next level through our talent management program. It is our mission is to help you get an edge in the sports industry.
What are your best hacks for productivity?
Become a master in Google Calendar. There are various ways I utilize my google calendar:
- Automate meeting scheduling
- Aggregate all the major events for your given industry to a separate calendar. (feel free to use my calendar for sports & entertainment events)
- Log information about your network (when they will be in a certain city, their birthday, etc.). This will help you stay interconnected with people.
- Plan your days/weeks/months in advance!
What are your top strategies for networking?
LINKEDIN! To break it down:
- Create tons of video and some written content. Where you provide 100% value and not asking for anything in return. This strategy has allowed me to amass hundreds of thousands of organic views on my content within a month.
- Use the Linkedin QR Code scanner. I've started to ditch business cards and resumes, and just use linkedin QR code to easily connect with people I meet at a networking event.
- Use Sales Navigator to narrow down the exact type of people you want to know. Then leverage your existing network to get their attention, or do a cold outreach. For cold outreach don't immediately try to sell them something, your #1 goal is to just get a meeting.
Words you live by: When your back is against the wall and you're in an extremely uncomfortable situation, that is the ultimate growth and learning opportunity. Your goals should both frighten and excite you at the same time.
Breakfast of Champions: 4 Eggs, Avocado, Banana, Hashbrowns, Coffee, and OJ.
Spirit animal: Chameleon - adjust to any environment or circumstance.
Want to connect with this Spotlightee?
Chat with Nick over on LinkedIn!