Spotlight on Jimmy Lowery Jr.
Meet Jimmy Lowery Jr: Jimmy is the Director of Media for Next Gen who is passionate about working with others to create powerful solutions to complex problems.
What is your role at Next Gen?
My role at Next Gen is the Director of Media. In this position, I will be helping shape the brand’s visual identity, overseeing all media products, and executing in-house campaigns. With these elements in mind, I will be working to develop a powerful visual presence that authentically serves the Next Gen ecosystem.
What excites you the most about being at Next Gen?
The team, the community, and the vision. It’s as simple as that.
What is your best advice to a younger entrepreneur hoping to follow in your footsteps?
I actually just finished writing an article detailing some of my personal insights from being a first-time startup founder. For a high-level overview of what my top pieces of advice are:
1. Be willing to learn quickly and act fast
2. Create something that people need and can’t find anywhere else
3. Make it a necessity to take time away from the business
What are your best hacks for productivity?
- Exercise regularly and eat healthily. This will help with physical and mental energy.
- Set a major goal, then set smaller goals that will help you achieve the major goal.
- Take a break from your phone. Phones can be a distraction when you're trying to work.
What accomplishment are you most proud of to date?
A lot of people do not know this, but I'm actually a first-generation college graduate. In 2017, I was the first in my immediate family to obtain a Bachelor's degree. Growing up, getting a formal college education was viewed as a beacon of hope - I'm proud of that accomplishment.
Breakfast of Champions: Breakfast sushi! It's made of eggs, tater tots, cheese, & jalapeño, then wrapped in bacon.
Best trip I ever took: Family reunion at the beach!
Fave Film: The Matrix is a cinematic masterpiece.
Interested in connecting with Next Gen’s latest team member?
Chat with Jimmy on his LinkedIn!