Events Manager @ Venture Café Providence
Venture Café Providence is a non-profit that helps catalyze entrepreneurship and innovation by providing spaces, programming, and connections to empower entrepreneurs and communities. Venture Café is seeking an Events Manager in Providence to assist in creating and managing events that support early-stage entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs. Learn more about the position below.
About Venture Café:
Venture Café Providence is a non-profit that helps catalyze entrepreneurship and innovation with the vision to create a network of empowered individuals and communities who feel confident in their ideas and have the resources to achieve them. By providing spaces, programming, and connections, Venture Cafes can strengthen the local and global communities to tackle problems with creative solutions.
Venture Café Providence also operates District Hall Providence. Venture Café Cambridge and the Roxbury Innovation Center, and StartHub in Greater Boston. This is part of a growing global network of Venture Cafes.
Venture Café Providence is seeking an Events Manager. Reporting to the Director of Venture Café Providence, this team member will assist in all aspects of creating and managing events that support early-stage entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs. The Events Manager will also act as the face of Venture Café Providence to the community of entrepreneurs in Rhode Island.
- Manage all aspects of event planning for programs including annual planning, schedule of activities, speaker/expert recruitment, stakeholder interface, onsite and day-of management of each program, stakeholder surveying, and weekly, monthly and quarterly program reporting.
- Plan, schedule, organize and administer program tasks, schedules, and reporting.
- Track programs against plan and reports status to Director on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure programs are promoted in a timely and effective manner.
- Collaborate with the Program Managers and Marketing Managers across the Venture Café Foundation to align and coordinate cross-site programming that benefits the entrepreneur community.
- Oversee the work of volunteers who support any of the programs under management.
- Oversee the work of contractors who support any of the programs under management.
Event management, program management, and project management principles.
Familiarity with Rhode Island’s small business, entrepreneurship, and innovation ecosystem.
Exceptional organizational, project management, and time-management skills.
Making effective and timely decisions.
Engaging external stakeholders professionally and consistently
Plan events and mange programs end to end
Effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts.
Work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Location: Providence, RI
Industry: Community, Events
Apply here and tell them Next Gen sent you!