Interested? Email CEO Deepak Chhugani at email@example.com
Join an early-stage startup backed by Y Combinator in their current batch and that has thousands of dollars in revenue + over a thousand email sign-ups. Our advisors have all started & sold B2B and B2C companies here in the US. We're also backed by Kairos Society, Tacklebox Accelerator, and WeWork Labs.
The work you do here will dramatically influence the course of the company, and you will help us build it from the ground up. Not everyone is meant for this kind of responsibility, but if you are, read on.
We started The Lobby because we believe that coming from a privileged background or being good at "networking" shouldn't be a prerequisite for getting the best jobs, even though that's mostly the way things work.
The Lobby is an online marketplace where job candidates can buy affordable 1-on-1 calls with company insiders in exchange for personalized recruiting advice & the chance to earn an employee referral, which is the most effective way to get hired
Our vision is to use technology to democratize access to 1-on-1 mentorship that can help candidates land the best jobs without needing an inside connection. Join us!
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a rock-star Junior Developer to work with the founding team to crank out full-stack features working in ReactJS and Django.
We want someone who is primarily motivated by contributing to our vision of bringing back 1-on-1 interactions to the broken recruiting process in a scalable way. You will not only be incentivized with an attractive equity package but will also have significant input into the future development of the product and our culture. This is your chance to get in on the ground floor and have a meaningful impact on our long-term product roadmap, even though we're growing quickly and work will be very dynamic.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to further develop our apps
- Troubleshoot and debug our apps
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Interact with our tech team, designers and founders to identify new features
We’re looking for someone who likes solving big problems that make a difference. Experience in ReactJS / Django is a strong plus.
- You are a problem solver.
- You are confident working with Django and ReactJS.
- You are familiar with lean and scrum methodologies and are quickly able to create web app.
- You have worked as a developer in another startup.
- You have in-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
- Backend – DjangoJS, Kong API Gateway, Nameko Pub/Sub
- Admin Frontend – ReactJS, Jekyll
- Infrastructure - Google GCP, Docker containers, Kubernetes Cluster for -
Container Mgmt, CircleCI for continuous integration, RabbitMQ for messaging, - Terraform for Cloud Management
- DevOps - AWS
- Analytics – Mixpanel, Google Analytics
What's in it for you?
- Mission driven early stage startup with thousands of dollars in revenue solving a BIG real-world problem with experienced leadership and advisors (Y Combinator, 500 startups, started & sold venture-backed companies)
- Flat hierarchy and flexible environment
- Competitive package (range depends on experience)
- Access to world-class mentors to help you develop your skills during the -
incubation phase and beyond
- Unlimited personal development opportunities as we grow