[EXPIRED] VC / Innovation Senior Associate @ New York Life Insurance
New York Life, the largest mutual life insurance provider in the US, is hiring a Senior Associate for their strategic venture capital unit and Innovation Lab. This group is focused on sourcing innovative early-stage technologies that may be applicable to NYL's various operating businesses, making LP fund investments in top venture funds, and executing direct investments in early-stage tech across the US. The new hire will work to recommend opportunities for enhancement of new technology, support the screening of relevant startups, and represent NYLV in various partnerships.
Apply directly here.
New York Life Ventures (NYLV) is New York Life’s strategic venture capital unit and Innovation Lab. This group is passionate about sourcing innovative early-stage technologies for introduction into New York Life’s various operating businesses, while also making direct venture investments in early-stage technology companies as well as LP fund investments in top tier venture funds.
You could be the perfect fit for this opportunity if you love working with a team of Alliance Builders, Venture Investors, and Change Agents. We are flat, fast, and we welcome diversity of thought. We are looking for someone who can develop strong relationships, conduct in-depth research in alignment with our thematic focus, and execute on our reporting strategy.
• Working closely with the NYLV's Director of Business Development to support the ongoing development of our thematic strategy. This includes the development, organization, and dissemination of relevant content
• Develop a knowledge of NYL’s Enterprise, Investments and Insurance related businesses and recommend opportunities for enhancement and testing of new technologies
• Support the screening of relevant start-up technology companies and conduct diligence. Formalize feedback from the Team and create summary briefs which will be used to support education/socialization with Senior Executive Management
• Update NYLV's CRM to support the tracking and reporting of NYLV activities and metrics. Challenge current processes and recommend enhancement opportunities
• Manage the construction, review, and finalization of the Business Development Team’s reporting
• Represent NYLV by partnering throughout NYL to help promote innovation including participation at Company sponsored Hackathons and similar community building events
• Support Head of NYLV and Director of Business Development on special projects such as future state whitepapers or thematic presentation decks
• Collaborates with others to solve complex problems, by using sophisticated analytical thought and education and/or equivalent experience to exercise discernment and identify creative solutions.
• Commit and have fun
You have a BA or BS Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, with proficiency in Microsoft Office, outstanding organization and writing skills, and excellent communication skills.
You have a pre-existing knowledge and a personal view of key technology themes that are impacting the financial services industry in both the short, medium, and long term.
Through your prior work experience, you have demonstrated the ability to manage projects and deliver tangible results.