Google's Ontario team is hiring an undergraduate software development intern for the winter of 2019, a unique 12-14 week paid internship that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and more. The program provides the opportunity to work on computer science solutions and develop distributed software systems. Candidates must be enrolled in a full-time Bachelors degree program in Computer Science or related technical field, and have experience with Data Structures or Algorithms. Learn more about this open role and how to apply here. Let Google know you roll with the Next Gen crew.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world problems.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors degree program in Computer Science or related technical field and returning to a full-time degree program after completion of the internship.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms (i.e. completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience inside or outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding))
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.