[EXPIRED] Technical Lead @ Dorothy
Dorothy prepares and protects future homeowners from financial bankruptcy by simplifying the flood insurance process. They’re looking for a passionate and motivated technical lead to integrate their flood model with a consumer facing platform.
We are a pre-seed startup looking to build a founding team. Dorothy prepares and protects future homeowners from financial bankruptcy by simplifying the flood insurance process. Today, new home buyers are unclear of their flood risk and/ or their coverage options. This is because they rely on outdated flood maps and antiquated insurance purchasing methods. So, we built Dorothy, we map flood zones more accurately and offer comparable insurance quotes for purchase.
We are the only company of our kind. Flood insurance is projected to be a $50 billion-dollar industry and there isn’t a universal consumer facing platform that can effectively inform and direct people to the proper insurance. Dorothy is that platform, we have the opportunity to capture an entire market if we move fast enough. We are starting with flood, but Dorothy will be the face of disaster... preparation.
Looking for a passionate and motivated person who wants to get in at the ground of a new venture and build a company. Understands and believes in the goal of Dorothy. Recognizes that there is a serious issue with how we prepare for hurricane events at the governmental level, cares to do something about it.
Role & Responsibilities:
We have already built a “proof of concept” flood model which currently predicts flooding extents 60% more accurately than FEMA. As technical lead you will integrate this flood model with a consumer facing platform. You will develop and manage the beta MVP for a public launch in Houston, Texas and have full control over product development. The technical lead will take a leading role in the initial prototyping, market validation, product design and technical architecture. Our hope is that the technical lead can move into the founding CTO role and direct the continued growth and development of both the product and the company.
• Develop and execute the initial build of Dorothy’s MVP for a public launch
• Flood model integration with consumer facing platform
• Knowledge of machine learning techniques and practices
• Experience managing data construction
• Managing consistent label formats and overseeing data labeling
• Knowledge of geospatial data collection
• Good working knowledge of API design.
• Experience with full stack technologies including web, mobile, data and infrastructure.
• Ability to be an active and collaborative member of the leadership team, working closely with the founder to identify risks, opportunities and develop strategic direction.
How to Apply: Email Arianna Armelli at email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: 2/15/2019
Compensation: Equity - Salary after we raise or meet revenue goals
Location: Philadelphia or NYC
Remote OK?: Yes
Industry: Information Technology